Thursday, November 27, 2008

Fishing

Colby and I went fishing a couple of weekends ago with my grandparents. We had so much fun. I was a little scared as went out on the lake in my grandpa's little boat. I do not think the boat was built to hold 4 people but they insisted we could all fit. The boat was barely out of the water by the time we were all seated. I was really scared of the fact that we were all in the boat and the possibility of it tipping over. As we were cruising across the water my grandma proceeds to tell me a story... The story was about two other fisherman who were 80 years old and they were in a boat "just like ours". They had tipped their boat over and could not get back in. One of the old men managed to get back into the boat but the other had to hang onto the motor while the other drove back to shore. I was scared to death by that point and did not dare move an inch. We actually made it out to our fishing spot safely and the boat did not tip. We caught 19 fish total and Colby caught 11 of the 19 fish. The second Colby's bait hit the water he caught the first fish.  My grandpa helped with all the fish as we pulled them in. I love catching the fish but I am not a big fan of getting the hook out. My grandpa could barely get the fish off and bait the hook before we pulled in another fish. It was a fun day and it was pretty relaxing once I figured out we were not going to tip over!!


No comments: