Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hawaii 2011

In January our family went to Hawaii. We had such a great time. We did so many fun things and it was nice to relax in such a pretty place. It was truly an amazing week!



Our friends the Croghans...

We hiked the Diamond Head crater. It was a fun hike and the view from the top of the crater was SO pretty..




This was a new adventure for me. I DO NOT eat food from scary places. Colby says I am not very food adventurous..That is right..I do not like to eat from places that I might get sick from. BUT here we are eating lunch at the scary shrimp/fish and chips trucks on the North Shore. For one day I was food adventurous! I have to admit the shrimp was great.

We spent a day at the PCC. It was so much fun. Very cool to see the different cultures. I loved the dancing and visiting the different villages.



Colby and I attempted to go to Pearl Harbor. We got there and the memorial was very busy. What are the odds.. the power went out in the buildings and one of the tour boats broke down in the harbor before we got there. We looked around for a bit and then left. I was sad we did not get to go on the tour to see the memorial but hopefully some day we will get to go back.
This seat was one of my favorites. I spent a lot of time reading and relaxing on the balcony. I had a great view of the ocean, sunsets and sunrises. It was awesome!


We went to the Eddie surf competition. Apparently the waves have to be a certain height for the competition to actually happen. They were averaging 18 feet high which was not high enough to hold the competition. The waves were huge..it was fun to watch the guys surf.



Love this guy..

The resort we stayed at was AMAZING..such a pretty place...


Some of the girls on the last day. We were all sad to see the week come to an end!


A big thanks to the Croghans they are such great friends! They invited our family to go on this awesome trip..We had so much fun with them..