Monday, September 28, 2009

And the adventure begins..

Colby and I decided we were ready for an adventure. We moved to Arizona last weekend. This picture does not do the truck justice. We had a very large Penske moving truck. It took us all day Friday to get the truck loaded. We drove part of the way Friday night. Saturday we spent about 8 more hours driving the rest of the way until we reached our destination. Colby and my dad did a great job maneuvering the huge moving truck through traffic. We were extremely tired from the move but wanted to get everything done. Late in the afternoon on Saturday it was 108 degrees and we unloaded the truck into a storage unit. Thankfully we had Colby, my dad, Colby's dad and 3 awesome brother-in-laws that were willing to help unload the truck. We made it safe and the trip went good we did not have any trouble along the way. It was nice once all the work was done so we could relax for a few days.


My sister in law Cassidy and nephew Connelly went with us on the trip. Her sister was also moving to Arizona so they joined us on the drive down. Connelly enjoyed many hours playing in the pool and riding bikes with our other nephews.


Duke and Connelly
My dad

One of the nights everyone played Rock Band. Jak did not want to go to sleep so he snuck back downstairs and played the drums with Colby.

Koston and Connelly
Jak, Koston, Duke and Connelly


I am glad the move went well. I am so thankful to everyone who helped us get there. We are both so blessed to have such great families. I am really excited for our new adventure. I am sad to leave my family and good friends but happy it is not too far away so we can visit often.

Highlights from the trip:
-Going through a down pour/ hailstorm in Flagstaff (we were not prepared for rain/hail).
-The moving truck only going 70 mph the whole time. ( I knew we wouldn't get speeding tickets)
-Nightly scorpion hunting with a black light to make sure they were not in our bed or suitcases. -My parents having a great experience at the park.
-Me trying to navigate in an unfamiliar place with very few numbers just street names. (Everyone keeps telling me its soo easy to navigate the streets, Thank goodness for Iphones).
-Me again getting pulled over after only being in the state 48 hours. Apparently there are only a few streets that have no turn on red signs. I happened to pick the right street to turn right on at a red light and I am so lucky a cop happened to be there to see me make an illegal turn. (which I did not know was illegal because in Utah it is ok!)
-At lunch seeing a good friend we knew in Utah who was recently in a bad accident and seeing that he was doing well.
-The whole group arrived safe.
-Spending time with both our families.

6 comments:

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Glad your move went well! But I am sure grandma and your mom are crying themselves to sleep at night! Moving away is hard, but I think it makes your little family stronger. I hope you love your new (hot) home!

Chantell and Brock said...

I am so excited for you and your new adventure. It's always nice for a change once in a while. You are leaving Utah in perfect time before the cold weather hits. That is the one thing I do not miss! Have you looked into a job there yet? Where in Arizona are you staying? Good luck to you guys. When am I gona be hearing about some baby news? HEHEHEHE! Had to ask!

Misty said...

Dear Malea, I've been meaning to discuss this with you, but I'm afraid a phone call will involve profanity and insults. I can't believe you're leaving us. I mean, you're the only person Caulder will hug besides me and Cole, and you're just going to throw that away because the Lord is handing Arizona to you on a platter? Yes, I know it's in your best interests, but we both know I'm not concerned about that. What about MY interests???? You still have to come visit us. And we're going to come visit you. So you really can't escape us. Bwah hah hah!

Laura Barrett said...

I'm happy and sad at the same time. You're farther away and that means I'll see you less:( But I'm happy for your new step in life! Call me when you come up for the holidays!

Klin said...

Where in AZ did you move to? What is down there that you can't find in Utah? I so need more info. Obviously.

So glad you had a safe trip and yeah, have fun with the scorpions. I have friends in Mesa and they speak of the icky critters often. Yuck!

Be sure to post more pics and the rest of the story. Are you working down there, too?

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Wow! So where are you guys going to be living in az? What are you guys going to be doing there?