I know this is a little late but I still wanted to do a post on it because it was like the good ol' days. When we were younger my grandparents always celebrated the 4th and 24th of July at their house. When it came time to do fireworks it was all out war. It got to the point that all the little kids had to hide while the "adults" threw fireworks at each other. We have not had a firework show like that for quite a few years because it got out of hand. My grandma was afraid the house was going to get burned down. This 24th of July was only about 1/4 as bad as it used to get but it still was so much fun!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
A Little Late..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That reminds me of the year our crazy cousins about blew up a car during the Stadium of Fire. We were all at Aunt Shirley's to watch and they made homemade fireworks, went across the street to a field where people had parked cars and burned like the muffler, or bumber or something--then hide form the police! Remember that? (I won't say names...just that they are distantly related--I hope :) )
you'll have to explain that game when I see you next.
This week is party time for us. I can't wait.
See you soon!
The first time my parents came down to meet their future in-laws, the crazy Johnsons, was for the 4th of July. They left with eyes wide and jaws dropped! I didn't really put it past Grandpa to pull out pipe bombs for the finale! I guess we've all just gotten used to it now! Even the little kids don't get scared! Yay for holidays!
Should I be concerned that in that first video you see Cole get pelted in the head with fireworks, then laugh like an idiot? It says nothing of his intelligence, right??? :)
Found your blog from Candice! I love blog hopping! I'll never forget the two 4ths I spent at Grandma Sarah's....watch out roman candles! lol. You have such a fun family! Hope you are well!
colby the fireworks look like fun we used to do that at the sand dunes. Give us your e-mail so we can add you to our blog: contactus.info@yahoo.com
Post a Comment