Wednesday, August 31, 2011

July 2011

July was a busy month from start to finish. We have had monsoons on and off all month. The scorpions are making an appearance again which keeps me on my toes. The crazy Haboob. A huge wall of dirt that went over Arizona. I was grateful we were safe at home and not on the road when the storm hit. We have had a few more crazy dust storms since then. We celebrated the 4th of July in California with Colby's family. We had a great time relaxing at the beach and hanging out at his sister's house. We spent the 24th of July in Utah with my family. We went to a dirt bike race my brother was in. It has been a really long time since I have seen him in a race. He did great and the races always provide some great people watching. We had the annual firework party at my grandparents. They never say anything but I am convinced they have to be crossing their fingers that nothing gets burned down every year. The firework party is not for the weak..Totally crazy, but it is quite the experience. We spent time with Colby's family in Utah. His aunt Leslee always knows how to throw a great party. We sure miss seeing all of them. We went to the sand dunes with my dad and a couple of friends. It was so much fun. A great way to start our day. We are so blessed to have such great family and friends. I am glad we were able to spend time with them.









My grandpa's amazing garden...













Love this guy...He is such a fun grandpa. He always makes us laugh until we are in tears..







2 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

great fun and great memories. The firework party looks intense. I love the family get togethers - there is nothing like it.

Misty said...

I love that pic of you with Grandpa. And ummm... we're not coming to visit until the scorpions are gone. We love you.... but not that much. :)